What are the healthy foods that lower blood pressure? You will be pleased to know that there are long list of healthy food which lower blood pressure. The healthy diet, which lowers blood pressure, revolves around more fresh vegetables, fruits, fiber, nuts, seeds and food rich in Omega-3. Taking low sodium and salt in food will help in lowering high blood pressure. Apart from taking healthy food also important is to take balanced food serving.
Vegetarian diet can help to lower hypertension. The focus of vegetarian diet is on plants, fruits, beans, grains, seeds and nuts. The intake of vegetarian diet over the long period helps in reducing the blood pressure. The more you keep green stuff in your plates will ensure your body stays healthy. Include more fruit serving in day, the fruits like apple, banana, orange, kiwi, berry will give necessary nutrition’s and vitamins. The other benefit of vegetarian diet is the inclusion of vitamins “C” and “A”, fiber and calcium etc.
Another important thing to include in daily diet is the fiber enriched food. The rich diet of fiber can ensure protection to many forms of cardiovascular diseases. The high doses of fiber also help in reducing the elevated cholesterol levels. Not to mention the difference you will experience in your body strength and stamina.
Now let’s look at the things which can harm us, if we take more serving in our daily diet. Reduce the intake of Salt and sodium consumption in food. If you read labels of packaged food you will be surprised to see how much sodium is in per serving. The successful mantra about foods that lower blood pressure is to include more green vegetables, healthy fruits and low fat diary products.
Adding following food in diet will help in controlling or lowering blood pressure.
1. Lean cuts of meat Lean meat is not only chicken and turkey or fish. Any meat serving, which has fat less then 10 gm, saturated fat not more then 4.5 gm and very low cholesterol will fit in the definition of lean meat. Visit United States Department of Agriculture website for more information on lean meat. Apart from protein lean meat has many vitamins such as Thiamin, Niacin, vitamin B6 and all of them are important for our body.
2. Chicken and turkey Without skin meat from chicken and turkey is good for health.
3. Omega-3 Eating fish which has Omega-3 fatty acids is good for lowering blood pressure.
4. Skimmed milk Using skimmed milk for daily consumption is good.
5. Eating whole wheat Eating whole wheat bread reduces carbohydrate and increases fiber in daily idet.
6. Organic Cereals Adding organic cereals low in sodium for breakfast is good choice.
7. Brown Rice Eating brown rice rich in fiber and low in carbohydrate also is good diet for high blood pressure.
8. Fresh vegetables Fresh vegetables are good source of vitamins and fiber.
9. Fresh Fruits Adding fresh fruits to your daily diet helps in controlling high blood pressure.
10. Low Fat Butter Eating low fat butter without saturated fat and cholesterol is good choice.
11. Herbs Herbs such as basil, parsley, oregano and spices such as onion powder, garlic powder, vinegar also help in controlling blood pressure.
These are few of the food choices which help in lowering high blood pressure. Please visit DASH website link for complete food menu for Blood pressure. Also equally important is to have proper servings of daily diet. These are the Foods that lower Blood Pressure